07 June 2011

206

Last week was a good one for cycling. The Memorial Day Monday provided an excellent chance for my Saturday morning group to get in a long looping ride from Winfield through Sugar Grove to Kaneville and back - 66 miles. Which also became our Saturday ride, for a nice 132 miles. Add a 38-mile solo day, and a 37-mile ride with friend Fred, and . . . well, I'm rounding off totals here. The official actual is 206.

Pressing on to catch up to my first thousand, the Monday night ABD club ride brought my season total above 800, only 1 week after I hoped to be at 1,000. With diligence, and a break in the unseasonable heat, we could see that nice round number within the week.

Meanwhile, this is also the week for final training for my annual 5k Run for the STARS. Onward!

No comments: